White shutters are a popular choice for a variety of home styles. White is clean, classic, and can really pop- but it is not the only option.
In fact, there are a lot of fun options when it comes to your shutters. Shutters help create a polished look, and a bit of imagination is all you need to give your home a unique, and personalized look.
To help you to get started, here are some beautiful color combinations for homes and their shutters.
- Gray houses – gray is considered a neutral hue, meaning you can explore warm shades. Grey can be paired with warmer, buttery beige colors for a modern feel, or you can be a little more adventurous and use a warm red. For a classic look on a light color gray home, consider a slate or a darker blue-gray shutter color.
- White homes – white homes are a blank slate for shutters. For an earthy look, consider a forest green or a deep blue. To give a warmer, rustic look, consider a rust or a red color. Black shutters can give you a truly classic color combination- or, for a lighter, softer look try a pale powder blue, a light green, or even a soft yellow. These light colors can also make windows appear larger.
- Red houses – red is a trendy, bold color for homes, from a traditional barn or brick red to more vibrant shades. A neutral beige shutter to frame the windows can add an elegant touch.
- Blue homes – for blue homes, rather than contrasting colors, think about complimenting the blue tone. Try going slightly darker, adding a blue-gray shutter, or choosing a light gray shutter. You can also branch out into the yellow family- pale, sunny yellows can add a nice touch of color.
- Beige to light brown homes – these are natural, neutral colors, and earthy, warm, and welcoming colors are the perfect match. Beige and light brown homes look terrific with rich, woody brown or red shutters.
- Green houses – pairing a green home with tan, brown, or gray shutters creates a soft, natural look. Dark green shutters can be terrific for a slightly more dramatic style.
Keep in mind, it is also essential to consider the color of the shingles, door, and window trim when choosing shutter and home color combinations. This creates a seamless, integrated look and adds to the curb appeal of the property.
Thinking of giving your home a new look? Let our Project Guides help! Call today for more information
Subscribe to Leap Windows, Doors & More's Blog