They say you only get to make the first impression once, so you’ve got to make it count. If you want your home to make the best first impression possible, boosting your home’s curb appeal is a great start. The good news is there are seven simple ways you can add to your home’s curb appeal without breaking the bank.
Here are some budget friendly options that can be great do-it-yourself projects. However, if you don’t have the time, or are looking for a professional- just reach out to us and we’ll point you in the right direction .
- Clean and fresh – pressure washing or even just rinsing down the siding, front entrance and porch area, particularly in the spring or in the dusty days of summer, is a quick way to give a home a fresh look. Keep in mind; pressure washing can be hard on siding and paint on the trim, so always test a small area out of sight before getting started.
- Wash the windows – dingy, streaked, and rain-spotted windows can make a home look like it has not been well-maintained. Use a spray cleaner on the upper floor windows and use a squeegee on ground floor windows to give them a bright, clear and welcoming look without a lot of time and effort.
- Paint the door and window trim – painting the front door and touching up the porch and rail trim as well as around the windows on the home is a great way to add to home’s curb appeal. Opting for a new door color can be a fun way to add personality.
- New hardware – consider upgrading old door knobs and old numbers on the home for something new, shiny and trendy. This adds that little extra touch, especially combined with a freshly painted door, or trim.
- Add some greenery and color – adding a dash of color in the form of hardy annual potted flowers, or greenery framing the door or porch, is a nice accent. A comfortable chair and table with a nice, bright seasonal cushion creates a welcoming look. Hanging baskets and planters can also be a great addition, but keep everything in balance.
- Lights – if you have lights that frame the door, take a close look at the fixtures. Do they look old, outdated and worn? If so, purchase new designs and styles and install them, this is a very simple do-it-yourself job even for those not familiar with home electrical projects.
- Pressure wash walkways and driveways – renting a pressure washer to wash the house allows you to clean the walkways and driveway area. Be sure to pre-treat any grease, oil or vehicle leak stains or any other stains before using the pressure washer.
Bonus Tip: Don’t forget the garage door! Treat this just like the front door with cleaning, painting, window cleaning and light repair to spruce up this area of the home for an extra boost in curb appeal.
If your home is in need of more than a little DIY improvement, we can help! Nothing will transform and enhance your home’s curb appeal more than the professionally installed siding, windows or doors. Let our team at Leap Windows, Doors, and More show you your options today!
Subscribe to Leap Windows, Doors & More's Blog